If you want to quickly and easily see new titles that have been added to our e-book collection, or which e-books are currently the most popular with BMA members, we have the following two curated collections to help you achieve this.
The New E-Books curated collection brings together all of the titles that we have added to our collection in the previous month. You can also find three sub-collections, one for each of the preceding months, allowing you to rapidly browse and access all of the e-books we have added in the last four months:
Top Ten E-Books
We also have a Top Ten E-Books curated collection which, as the name suggests, displays the current ten most accessed titles in our e-book collection.
Both collections include direct access links to each title, allowing you to quickly access the e-books. These curated collections are updated every month.
If you have any comments or queries about either of these curated collections please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are hundreds of procedure videos available to BMA members on ClinicalKey, covering a range of different specialties, including:
- Emergency medicine
- Family Medicine/General Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
To access the procedure videos simply go the ClinicalKey home page, scroll down and click on the Procedure Videos button:
In addition to this, there are hundreds of thousands of items of multimedia content, both images and videos, covering an extensive range of specialties. You can use these images, free of charge, for non-commercial purposes. To access them simply go the ClinicalKey home page, scroll down and click on the Multimedia button:
If you have any queries about accessing the Procedure Videos on ClinicalKey, or the Multimedia content, please get in touch with us by sending an email to: email@example.com
ClinicalKey is a clinical search engine from Elsevier featuring books, medical journals, images, videos, First Consult content and much more. ClinicalKey is updated daily, so you can be sure you always have the most current information.
With ClinicalKey’s Clinical Overviews, you can provide quick answers based on the latest information across a broad range of specialties. That means you can save time while ensuring you have accurate answers.
With Elsevier reference books, you can build foundational knowledge on any clinical topic and develop a deeper understanding of the clinical subjects most relevant to your practice. That means you’ll be able to make better, more informed decisions at the point of care.
Access to articles
With ClinicalKey, you can keep up with evolving best practices, the latest research, and trending topics. That means you’ll drive better patient outcomes through diagnoses that are well- informed and treatment plans that are based on the latest evidence. With full-text journals, you can evolve your medical practice in real time—augmenting foundational knowledge with the most current research and findings.
Search through thousands of resources:
- full text journals and books
- procedural videos
- drug monographs
- systemic reviews, meta-analysis, clinical trials and more.
You can also:
- get quick answers (point of care)
- print patient education handouts
- share article and chapter links with your colleagues
- create presentations with a click
- embed copyright free images in PowerPoint
- save content to review later
- build CME credits
An interactive education platform built to help medical students review study progress and pass their exams.
- Access over a thousand textbooks
- Watch procedural videos
- Build your own virtual bookshelf
- Make notes directly on textbooks
- Follow and share notes with your peers
- Build your own deck of flashcards for revision
BMA members can enjoy free access to ClinicalKey and ClinicalKey Student. Click here to get started.
We have collected a selection of LGBTQ+ related e-books currently available in our collection for LGBTQ+ history month 2023.
Members can find e-book collections under the Browse Curated E-Collections tab on the BMA Library catalogue, or click here to view the LGBTQ+ collection.
The collection features a selection of Medical books, including clinician’s guides and counselling skills. Some top picks:
- Caring for LGBTQ2S People: A Clinical Guide
- Clinician’s Guide to LGBTQIA+ Care
- Health and Wellbeing in Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
We also provide access to a selection of other Non-Fiction titles, including LGBTQ+ history and sociological studies:
You may also be interested in these recent articles regarding LGBTQ+ health:
- Changing language, changes lives: Learning the lexicon of LGBTQ+ health equity.
- Care of Transgender Patients: A General Practice Quality Improvement Approach.
- Ageing in obscurity: a critical literature review regarding older intersex people.
- Prostate cancer in transgender women: what does a urologist need to know?
- “Truly Listen to Us”: Recommendations for Health Professionals to Bolster Wellbeing of Nonbinary Individuals.
- Palliative and end-of-life care needs, experiences, and preferences of LGBTQ+ individuals with serious illness.
- Integrating LGBTQ+ health into medical education.
- Educating for Quality Transgender Health Care: A Survey Study of Medical Students.
- Sexual minority service user perspectives on mental health treatment barriers to care and service improvements.
- Caring for transgender and gender-diverse patients in phototherapy settings: better practices.
If you have any suggestions or feedback regarding the content of the collection please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BMA members have access to thousands of e-journals and e-books published by Wiley, all available on the Wiley Online Library platform.
Some of the leading e-journals published by Wiley include:
- Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
- Academic Emergency Medicine
- British Journal of Dermatology
- British Journal of Haematology
- BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- BJU International
- Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health
- The Laryngoscope
- Medical Education
You can browse the e-journals available on the Wiley Online Library by subject. There are over 700 Medical Science titles and more than 500 Life Sciences titles.
Some of their leading e-books are::
- Bonney’s Gynaecological Surgery, Twelfth Edition
- Cotes’ Lung Function, Seventh Edition
- How to Survive in Anaesthesia: A Guide for Trainees, Fourth Edition
- Pocket Consultant: Occupational Health, Sixth Edition
- Practical Approach to Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
These are just a few of the Medical Science e-books available from Wiley. There are also hundreds of e-book titles available on Statistics and Life Sciences.
All of the e-journals and e-books published by Wiley that we provide access to, as well as all of our other e-journals and e-books from other publishers, can be searched for and accessed via our online catalogue.
If you have any comments or queries about the Wiley content available to BMA members please email: email@example.com
We have now added a new convenient way to browse and access a variety of exam e-books via our online catalogue:
To view the wide variety of books available please access the collections by following this link
The collection contains e-books on the following exams:
- GPST & GPVTS
- MRCPCH and DCH
Click on the exam name, this will take you straight to the collection to see all of the e-books we hold:
Exam E-Books is the first curated collection of e-resources available on our online catalogue. We have plans to add new ones in the coming weeks and months.
If you have any comments or queries about our exam e-books please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BMA members have access to ClinicalKey via the access links in this blog post and those on the ClinicalKey page of the BMA website: https://www.bma.org.uk/bma-library/clinicalkey
ClinicalKey is a clinical search engine produced by Elsevier, the world’s largest medical publisher, and contains an extensive range of resources for doctors in clinical practice, including:
- Procedure Videos
- Clinical Overviews
- Drug Monographs
- Patient Education resources
In addition to this, we also offer access to ClinicalKey Student, an interactive education platform built to help medical students review study progress and pass their exams. It includes:
- Disease Summaries
All BMA members have full access to both of these extremely valuable resources.
For further details on both, including how to access them, please visit our dedicated ClinicalKey page on the BMA website: https://www.bma.org.uk/bma-library/clinicalkey
If you have any queries about accessing ClinicalKey or ClinicalKey Student please get in touch with us by sending an email to: email@example.com
The easy-to-use Ovid interface for searching Medline and Embase has been refreshed, from Thursday 3 November you will find a more modern on-screen environment in which to conduct your searches.
All the great features are still there and over time some new features will be released to aid you with your search.
Explore the new look today, you can switch between the new and classic version while you become comfortable with the new design. Simply click on “Switch back to the classic Ovid interface” at the top of the screen to select. We’re sure that the new version will quickly become your favourite.
Log in here to gain access.
If you have any queries, would like to update your search skills, request a literature search, or book a search training session with one of our Evidence Support Information Specialists please see our webpage for further details.