BMA library’s journal articles can now be accessed on Google Scholar
Google Scholar can be used to search for scholarly information on the internet, including articles, books, conference papers, and theses. Some of the results will have a link to articles that are freely available, but we have now made it possible for you to see at a glance what articles are also available through the BMA library, ensuring you don’t miss any relevant articles for your research.
To be able to access the articles, you will need to first set up access to BMA Library on your Google Scholar account by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Google Scholar website on your browser: https://scholar.google.com/Google Scholar
- Click on the navigation menu icon
- Click on ‘Settings‘:
- Click on ‘Library links‘:
- Search for any of the following terms: ‘BMA Library‘, ‘British Medical Association Library‘, ‘BMA‘
- In the search results, select ‘British Medical Association Library – Access-Now@BMA-Library‘
- Click on the ‘Save’ button
After the BMA Library is added once to your Google Scholar account, when you search on Google Scholar for an article that is available on our catalogue, you will find a link titled ‘Access-Now@BMA-Library‘ next to the search result:
Clicking on the ‘Access-Now@BMA-Library‘ link directs you to our catalogue to access the full text of the article:
If you have any queries or feedback about this, please get in touch with us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.